Entrepreneur Magazine | Philippines | December 2012 – January 2013
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Numbers and insights
- Innovator of the month
- Featuring Thomas Sun, General Manager of ULOAD (Mindmap Commtech Inc.)
- Opportunity of the month
- BodeTree : Find out your company’s real worth with this online tool
- Shoptiques : This website makes boutique fashions available anywhere
- Biyahe Ko : One-stop shop for independent travel agencies
- The Coal Creek Company : Mining company branches out into recreation
- My Cars.ph : A classified site reinvents the automobile shopping experience
Start It Up
- Know where to look
- A young ‘trep gets inspired to start a business by looking at his surroundings : Ifore Yu and Chicken Charlie in the Philippines
- The wise owl: Nancy Solomon
- Learn how to pull business all-nighters from this owl
- College startup: the perfect match
- How a bad roommate sparked a dorm-room startup
- Come to the window
- TheMall.ph : This virtual mall brings emerging fashion brands into the online shopper’s view
- Start-up capital: where ‘angels’ tread
- Looking for capitalists and investors to bankroll your business? Look no further than this 25-year-old group, the Philippine Venture Capitalist Investment Group
- Trim the fat
- Here’s a checklist for strategic cost-cutting for small businesses
- Paper over plastic?
- Most businesses are required to shun plastic bags for paper ones. Is it worth it?
- Financial adviser: should you pay interns?
- Not all interns are created equal; learn the guidelines to giving them just a wage.
- The social frontier
- Businesses should engage customers where they are. These days, it’s in social networking sites.
- Online ideas: cheering section
- Develop creative ways to understand customer feedback via interactive e-mail marketing.
- Full circle
- Successful Pinoy techpreneur, Winston Damarillo, comes back from Silicon Valley to mentor the next generation of game-changers.
- Shiny objects: hitting the right keys
- For typing accuracy and comfort, these fancy keyboards should come in handy.